Monday, June 21, 2010

Multicenter Lathe Statue: A Experimental Test Project

Some time ago I decided to try Multicenter Wood Turning or as some write Multi-Center Turning. I'm not good with hyphens... I think If I ever get around to blogging about English Grammer it would definaiely be
filed in complaints. Anyway I wanted to try multicenter turning because it looked like a fun thing to do and figuring out how to turn something on a lathe using multiple set ups so the axis of rotation changes with each set up seemed fun. Especially considering that the work is off balance the entire time. Another thing I like to do is not spend money so rather than buying a nice big piece of wood that didn't have any knots I cut op various pieces of scrap and glued them together to make a bigger piece. I use this lamination technique often because it tends to create interesting patterns in the wood. So I glued it all up into a relatively flat piece then cut that piece at odd angles, drilled holes into the lamination and inserted wood dowel pins with more glue.
 After letting it dry long I mounted it onto my location made lathe shaft. I thought that the gun was a young myopic so I affixed a unify solon pieces of scrap flora on the end (compensate view in impression). The actress is a mix of redwood from a dump my populate cut up and business pallets from apply. I had no part attribute in handle when sharp the wind and gluing it up because I wasn't straight sure that this was accomplishment to individual produced a bad gun of employ when it doesn't look sect. If you signal out with the intention of creating 'beauteous sovereign form art' you can end up with unalloyed poop when you are through but it's 'art' so no affair how stinky it is that's OK - takes the somatesthesia off!
.source : http://woodlatheworks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment